Leidos seeks a Sr Java software developer with cloud experience to join our award-winning team (contingent upon contract award).
The candidate to fill this position will work on a project alongside talented, experienced professionals to design, develop, implement and maintain a critical software application for a key customer.
This position requires experience with Java software development, strong communication and business skills and would ideally have some familiarity with the healthcare industry and health IT. The candidate will be responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, build and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software defects. This position also provides support of our various in-house, and customer-owned, environments which include development, test, integration and production environments.
The software developer should also be able to:
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Read, comprehend software requirements and assist with estimating efforts
- Design, development and implement new features and resolve defects
- Assist in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assist with application deployments which include installation, configuration and testing
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues to meet changing user and system requirements
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of related experience
- Proven experience with Java software development: Java 1.8+, JEE, JSP, Servlets, Struts 2, JDBC, Apache Commons Libraries, Selenium
- Demonstrated skills and experience with SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, and Subversion (SVN), GitHub
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum team environment
- Experience in developing in the Azure or AWS cloud environments
- Experience in mentoring other programmers
- Familiarity with AngularJS, React, UX/UI design for complex data entry screens, Camel and Quarkus
- Familiarity with health IT concepts, terminology and standards (e.g. HL7 CDA, FHIR, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux, Jenkins, Microservices, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, SecDevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools
- Familiarity with tools: SmartBear QAComplete, Collaborator, TestComplete, Azure Boards, Azure Repos, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Orion Rhapsody Integration Engine, electronic messaging, health information exchanges
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.