1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk Technician opportunity out of our client’s site in Denver, CO
Starting Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 - dependent on experience
POSITION or PROGRAM SUMMARY:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the second line of contact for customer calls. This individual will ascertain the nature of the call and results from first line troubleshooting, perform deeper analysis, and resolve issues with a high degree of success, collaborating with escalated and cross-team support as necessary.
• Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full lifecycle
• Troubleshoot end user incidents in depth to resolution and identify root cause
• Provide support for on-boarding and off-boarding new and departing employees
• Image and deploy laptops and mobile devices to new users and to replace failing equipment
• Diagnose and correct computer and mobile device systems issues.
• Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
• Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Self-driven and highly motivated
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Comprehensive understanding of endpoint operating systems, including Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Willingness to work on-call and flexible hours – shift work required including potential weekend shift hours
• Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
•You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
• High School diploma and 3+ years of experience in an IT Support environment
• Active Directory experience/knowledge
• Experience working in a deskside or remote support environment.
• Experience troubleshooting Windows, Mac, iOS, and Linux Operating Systems
• Experience troubleshooting and supporting the following Operating Systems: MAC OSX, Windows 10, Linux
• Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
• Must be a US Citizen.
•Industry certifications, such as ITIL v4, CompTIA A+, Security+, MCSA, or Apple Certified System Administrator (ASSA)
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.