Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for IT Field Operations individuals to join our IT Services Team, supporting Members and their staff in the U.S. House of Representatives. This is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched IT Support. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy some flexibility in work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
- Provide consultation to customers for a variety of technical requests and problems, including but not limited to: various technology needs to meet business objectives; security policy implementation and compliance; equipment requirements and planning for staff in multiple locations; equipment lifecycle planning and refresh; disaster planning, data loss prevention, and data recovery; information access planning and information sharing practices; and security planning and preparations for devices during international travel.
- Examine customer problems and collaborate to develop a solution for technology issues or problems of medium complexity. For example, analyze software or equipment issues or application configuration, and gather information to develop and recommend a solution to align to both the operational need and enterprise environmental requirements. Another example is analyzing security policies and comparing it to an office’s security-related practices, and recommending whole-office and/or individual staff actions to maintain compliance and follow best practices.
- Collaborate with customer contacts; various Government departments; suppliers, manufacturers and other vendors; as well as colleagues; to address requests and problems. Gather and document needs and requirements of individual users and customer points of contact, collect other information needed from colleagues and outside research, in order to recommend a solution.
- Use a best practice approach to provide in-depth and expert knowledge for medium complexity technical areas.
- Provide regular communication to management and others, including explanation of practices and methods used.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of the customer environment (policies, standards) and technical domain standards (theories, concepts).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Demonstrated experience in IT consultation services.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to support occasional after hours/weekend projects or critical support functions (almost all afterhours work is performed via telecommute).
- Strong written and verbal customer communication skills.
- Experience directly interfacing with customer stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Typically requires a BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.