Leidos is seeking a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Subject Matter Expert for the CBRN Incident Response Program. The CBRN Incident Response Specialist will provide on-site support to a customer in the NOVA/Washington D.C. vicinity. The position will be based in Herndon, VA.
The successful candidate will provide varying degrees of CBRN related operational activities consisting of training development and execution, site assessments, and O&M of a wide array of COTS equipment for the customer’s entire enterprise. Candidates will be intimately involved with the development, execution, and training of a new Programs Of Instruction (POI) consisting of specific areas and specialties that are unique to this customer. As a member of this unique team, the successful candidate will be relied upon to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders helping to solution emerging threats and or capabilities by utilizing their expert knowledge and experience.
Candidate will also be responsible for basic business development functions to assist the program manager in on contract growth and or act in the program manager’s place for key contract functions and deliverables.
- Utilize knowledge in CBRN equipment logistics planning and operations experience for equipment research, requisition, accountability, maintenance, calibration, & sustainment.
- Demonstrate experience in the establishment of positive and productive work relationship with clients based on individual level of expertise, quality of work, personality, and ability to deliver the desired product.
- Instruct various CBRN tasks and procedures effectively to a wide range of audiences and skill sets, while being able to adapt to their expectations.
- Research, write and develop client-based procedures related to CBRN defense.
- Active Top-Secret security clearance with an SSBI completed within the past thirty-six months (can be waived up to 48 months)
- The candidate MUST be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI).
- Knowledge and experience producing, handling, storing, transmitting, and transporting sensitive materials up to and including TS, SAP, and SCI.
- 8+ years of documented CBRN incident response experience,
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- The ability to confidently and credibly develop and execute presentations at high levels.
- Minimum of 6 years of CBRN incident response instructor experience.
- Strong understanding of CBRN incident response fundamentals & principles.
- Current working knowledge of Commercial off the Shelf Equipment (COTS).
- The ability to obtain and maintain Radiation Safety Officer Certification.
- Meet the "fit for duty" standard per OSHA 1910.120 and NFPA 600.
- Work independently with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience or familiarity with government contracts and the Federal Government.
- Experience working in and around classified environments.
- Experience with Tech Escort, NDT, CBIRF, HAMMER, and/or PFPA, HazMat.
- Operational emergency response experience, preferably in a HAZMAT environment.
- Radiation Safety Officer Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.