The Maritime Systems Division (MSD) of Leidos develops, integrates, and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions for a range of customers across the Department of Defense (DoD).
Due to our continued growth as a division, MSD currently has an opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in Lynnwood, WA. This position is responsible for supporting assembly, testing, and production work related to electro-mechanical devices used for both surface and subsea applications.
Whether supporting a first ever R&D build in the lab or a long-standing production program alongside customers in the field the successful applicant will be self-motivated, detail oriented and solution driven.
This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance.
- Electrical assembly
- Wire harness fabrication utilizing wire splicing, crimping, molex connector installation and soldering on a multitude of different connectors and cable types.
- Circuit board component installation using approved soldering techniques for surface mount and through-hole mount components on multi-layer printed circuit boards.
- Circuit card assembly inspection and test.
- Utilize standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, etc.) to assess and troubleshoot electronic assemblies.
- Mechanical assembly
- Assembly and test various mechanical systems
- Potting and encapsulation of connectors, electronics, and subassemblies
- Read, understand and follow engineering assembly drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and misc. supporting documentation.
- Use various hand tools to assemble mechanical components into larger assemblies.
- Able to troubleshoot assembly issues under limited supervision.
- Support documentation standards by filling out serial number records, traveler records, work orders, and non-conformance reports.
- Lab and equipment
- Support the creation and implementation of work orders, test procedures, and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Manage lab equipment and assembly fixtures, support repair tasks, or seek assistance of project personnel to keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Conceptualize and build assembly fixtures as needed for continuous process improvement
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior related experience.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Current active SECRET security clearance.
- Must have experience reading schematics and drawings.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have experience with the operation and use of basic machine shop tools and wood working shop tools (i.e. Drills, saws, grinder, router, sander, sandblaster, etc.).
- Must have hands on experience in electrical and mechanical assembly, soldering, and use of basic electrical test equipment.
- Capable of soldering to J-STD-001
- Familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to switch from one task to another at a moment’s notice.
- Must be able to keep work spaces clean, organized and free from grit, dust etc.
- Needs to work well with others and be able to communicate and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Is capable of interacting with customers, peers, and supervisors with professionalism.
- Average physical mobility to move around an office and lab environment, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel outside local area 2-5 times per year.
- 2 year degree in electronics.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated sensors, underwater cables/connectors (including molding/potting), control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and acoustic sensors.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Fiber Optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Certified to J-STD-001 Solder Standard.
- Prior experience using fabrication equipment (ie: milling machine and lathe).
- ISO manufacturing experience.
Willingness to travel for extended durations
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.