Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking Civil Engineer (Construction Inspector) to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) This position is 100% travel throughout the Central Service Area (central part of the US).
- Provide Construction Inspection support to the Infrastructure Construction Installation Center in the oversight of the construction and installation of equipment into the NAS.
- Reviews and concurs or may develop a Cutover Plans from Existing to Temporary System and then back to Permanent System for varies systems. i.e. UPS, Engine Generators, DC Bus Systems
- Ensures approved site specific project drawings, plans and specifications for construction installations/replacement project are followed by the contractor in the field.
- Visit site before construction starts to survey worksite.
- Ensure all FAA and OSHA safely policies and procedures are followed for each project in the field.
- Document the project in the FAA Weekly Construction Report to include detailed descriptions of work performed, photo log to show critical materials, equipment and progress.
- Will utilize the Project Engineer as technical resource while on all projects before, during and after construction has been completed.
- Recognizes problems in the field, gathers information to research issues/problems and provides solutions for issues/problems in the field.
- Provides oversight for safety in the implementation of their specific project. Will administer Take 5 initiative if issue/problem endangers the NAS or the safety of employees or contractors.
- Civil Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 5 years of experience as Project Engineer and/or Resident Engineer with Civil Engineering Design and Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System Equipment Tower
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Knowledge of shelters, roofing, and structures such as communication towers, ATCT buildings, Navigational Aids, and earthwork including roads and trenching
- Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), general building construction techniques, codes and standards, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), fire detection, security, site work.
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR, RCAG.
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB),
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.