Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Coordinator who will work alongside project managers, associate project managers, engineers, and management for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division in Southeast United States.
The Project Coordinator will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
- Assist the PMO team with managing various sized substation projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the Southeast United States
- Helps the project management team to plan and manage projects
- Provides the project manager with the data they need to make the big-picture decisions
- Assists with ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Creation and maintenance of client and office schedules
- Development of controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal management review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
- Will report progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of substation projects
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Will put together monthly client invoicing
- Requires a BA degree (Preferably in Engineering, Business or Finance) or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services is highly preferred
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, JIRA or WorkFront PM Platforms is highly preferred
- Should be capable to assist with tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Must be able to work within a team environment
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Periodic travel is required
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.