Leidos Health Group has an opportunity for an Asset Management Technician located in Oakridge, TN to support the Military Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program. The MFLC Program under the Office of the Deputy Assistance Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy (MC & FP), provides delivery of non-medical counseling services by licensed counselors to military service members and their families at over 125 military installations that span 7 countries. Providing in-person face-to-face, consultation and outreach counseling for both adults and children. Management and logistical support services are also included in support of the MFLC program. These counseling services span relationship, crisis intervention, stress management, grief, occupational, and other individual and family issues.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The Asset Management Technician will work closely with the Asset Manager, PMO and other program members. The Asset Management Technician will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing the movement of materials from receipt of materials in a local Leidos facility to deploying inventory into the MFLC field for use. You will also be responsible for providing initial setup sessions, troubleshooting, shipping, and receiving of devices throughout the lifecycle of the asset.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Assist the Asset Manager by managing IT assets, navigate procedural and policy boundaries to conduct on-site inventory of assets across the enterprise, identify and remove obstacles to the completion of asset inventories, follow established procedures for the decommissioning of IT assets, and manage supplies.
- Assist in the development of the program asset management plan, processes, and procedures.
- Assist in the management and maintaining of the program authoritative Asset Management Database.
- Gather detailed hardware and software inventory information to develop and maintain an effective asset management program.
- Provide subject matter expertise for program devices.
- Join financial, contractual, and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement.
- Maintain processes for managing and tracking the full IT asset, license, and maintenance life cycle, from procurement to retirement.
- Define, maintain, and update policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal).
- Track and maintain an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle.
- Audit, validate, and reconcile software licenses against the installed asset base.
- Plan for the population of the asset database and manage the asset database.
- Work closely with the quality team to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance.
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Managing assets as a Primary Hand Receipt holder.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and/or other automatic reporting tools
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing
- Experience managing asset accuracy to Critical Success Factors (CSF)
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.