Ready for your next career step?
Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center (CCDC AvMC) Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate.
We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer with 8+ years hands-on experience to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
- Perform System Engineering activities related to design and development of Aviation Trainers.
- Candidate will perform functional, timeline and decision analyses
- Develop schedules and conduct gap/trade analyses and present findings/recommendations to higher authority and the customer
- Selected individual must be a self-starter and have successfully demonstrated system engineering skills
- Provide support and lead in areas of schedule development, status schedule performance and will identify, track, and mitigate technical and schedule risks
- Provide technical content review for both hardware and software requirement specifications
- Provide direct support in the development of performance specifications for future aviation simulator systems
- Provide technical support to IPTs for platform milestones (SRR, CDR, PDR, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 8 years or more experience; Masters and 6 years or more experience
- Individual will have detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement development and decomposition process
- Familiar with requirement traceability and functional allocation
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance. Leidos will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.