At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Network Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The Network Engineer will provide network engineering support for secure and unsecure on-premises and cloud environments. The Customer’s network security solutions provide rapid, secure, reliable, and repeatable action using COTS hardware and software. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Provide network project engineering support to replace and consolidate End of Life (EOL) Controlled Interfaces with new Controlled Interfaces
- Use an Agile framework and sprint cycle timeframe to track project task and user stories within Jira
- Develop and document a process and implement said process across Controlled Interfaces, developing network designs to replace and consolidate Controlled Interfaces
- Assess impact to network performance when consolidating Controlled Interfaces and provided guidance on the most practical technical approach to ensure effective integration and optimal network performance, create network scripts and configurations for firewalls and associated network devices such as routers, and switches to support the replacement of Controlled Interfaces, and present network designs to engineering review boards
- Perform security analyses of network architecture and integrate Controlled Interfaces with network Management Enclaves
- Align COTS products and commercial solutions to comply with security standards, align proposed network solutions to security policies and standards, and identify and implement network protection solutions when consolidating Controlled Interfaces
- Provide transition support for End-of-Life network hardware, provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements, and perform network engineering on specific sensitive Sponsor mission systems
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated experience with network security such as firewalls and ACL’s.
- Demonstrated experience working in multivendor Firewall and Network Security appliances such as Cisco, Palo Alto, IXIA, Juniper, and Netscaler.
- Demonstrated experience working in Local Area Network (LAN) environments.
- Demonstrated experience working in Wide Area Network (WAN) environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with TCP IP protocol suite, IP subnets and masking, and routing protocols.
- Demonstrated experience explaining protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing network designs within and across multiple networks in datacenters and the Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience developing network designs.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile, Jira, or Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA, or Confluence
- Demonstrated experience designing enterprise scale networking solutions
- Experience supervising others
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Certification
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience deploying/utilizing Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Experience with PowerShell DHCP
- Knowledge of complex configuration management techniques and requirements appropriate to manage base level network systems
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Experience with VMWare Component Protection (VMCP)
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate-Junos Certification (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Highly Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.