Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos, Inc., the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning Energy Efficiency Program, is seeking a Market Development Initiative Marketing Coordinator. The Market Development Initiative Marketing Coordinator's primary responsibility is to lead the planning and execution of all marketing materials as part of the Market Development Initiative throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory.
Under the leadership of the Residential, MDI, Events and Education Marketing Manager, the Market Development Initiative Marketing Coordinator works independently, as needed, and spearheads efforts that encourages lower income communities, its businesses and its residents to take full advantage of available energy efficiency opportunities. This position will regularly interact with internal resources, community-based non-profits, diverse/local businesses and organizations as well as other key groups and agencies to effectively reach these customers and positively impact their communities by incorporating sustainability, diversity, equity, inclusion and workforce development ideology and practices into the daily marketing and event coordination.
This position will be a hybrid of working from home and working in our Downtown Peoria office. The position will also require 25% travel throughout the Ameren Illinois territory.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Leads the development and execution of bold, creative and integrated marketing and outreach strategies in support of Ameren Illinois' Market Development Initiative.
- Works with the Residential, MDI, Events and Education Marketing Manager to develop and evaluate strategies, established objectives and market characteristics.
- Utilizes event planning tools as necessary; assists in the development of new tools and technology to facilitate the optimal customer experience.
- Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust engagement strategies and tactics based on initiative needs.
- Serves as a catalyst for the achievement of key initiative goals, including boosting the number of diverse and local businesses in the energy efficiency industry, increasing the number of diverse and income-qualified program participants and generating greater community awareness of energy efficiency.
- Creates and tracks event timelines and budgets as assigned to ensure all tasks are completed on time and on budget.
- Partners with members of the marketing team to develop collateral in support of events and community outreach efforts.
- Works closely with Ameren Illinois personnel to manage communications to external audiences.
- Provides regular status reports to Ameren Illinois and program implementer team members on upcoming events as well as key metrics related to past events or outreach efforts.
- Communicates success stories to help build sustained participation and subsequent market transformation.
Desired Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Associate degree or high school diploma with eight years of experience in a related field in lieu of degree. Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field (preferred).
- 2+ years of work experience in marketing, communications or related field. Background in energy efficiency preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Ability to work closely with community-based organizations across central and southern Illinois.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, positive attitude and will to succeed.
- Ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
- Adaptability and flexibility with required changes.
- Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
- Experience with recordkeeping and organization of data.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thrives in a collaborative and team environment.
Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, travel may be required to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL offices on a periodic basis. Ability to travel to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL area as needed.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.