We are currently looking for a Robotics Engineer with experience in Computer Vision for the Applied Science Division in Huntsville, AL. Our team’s mission is to: (1)Develop and demonstrate new alternative navigation technologies to meet urgent military operational needs to operate in GPS-challenged environments, and (2) Rapidly transition this technology to operational platforms to outpace the adversary threats currently being faced in the field. Project involve small teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations of emerging capabilities. Our core competencies include sensor fusion, computer vision, HW/SW integration, and machine learning. Typical customers include Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) engineering centers, Office of Naval Research (ONR), and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL). We are looking for a candidate who is interested in applying classic and deep learning computer visions algorithms from initial concept development through successful prototype field demonstrations.
- Develop perception algorithms using inputs from visible, infrared, radar, and LiDAR sensors to generate navigation measurements for use in sensor fusion algorithms
- Prototype initial algorithms in preferred programming language (i.e., Python, Matlab, C++)
- Transition prototype algorithms for real-time edge execution on various System on Chips (CPU/GPU, CPU/TPU, etc.)
- Support field demonstrations of vision software on various manned and unmanned vehicles
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience in Python with additional experience in C++ and MATLAB
- Confident working in a Linux development environment
- Experience working with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and test facilities (typically 1 week of travel or less per quarter)
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience also developing algorithms that process vision measurements such as Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), visual odometry (VO), photogrammetry, and structure-from-motion (SfM)
- Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading and mentoring small technical teams
- Existing US security clearance (Secret or above)
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.