Join our global force of military counselors and therapists!
Leidos is looking for a Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor to support the Mission Ready Reserve team for short-term events in Oklahoma.
This posting is for our Mission Ready Reserve team. We are seeking Licensed Behavioral Health Counselors with the flexibility to pick up shifts both locally with potential to travel for short-term event coverage. These roles would be as needed and the duration of the work will vary from 2-3 months or 6-9 months in length.
A career of purpose—serving our nation’s military children and families—is open for you, an empathetic, supportive, and motivational licensed counselor who can proactively help military service members and their families overcome common challenges such as deployment, frequent relocation, job stress and life away from home.
Leidos partners with the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program to provide highly confidential counseling services and support to military service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and aims to address and solve issues before they become more harmful problems.
Many people like you, who have behavioral or mental health experience, are finding satisfaction in the non- medical counseling profession. Your education and experience can more effectively help people navigate life’s challenges when you’re not spending long hours completing billing and documentation, filing paperwork, or sitting at a desk all day. The MFLC model emphasizes simple and easy documentation used for reporting activity only:
- No long narratives to generate
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
Along with job satisfaction, you will be a part of the force of counseling excellence that makes a meaningful difference for U.S. Service Members and their families! Counselors play a vital role in helping service members and their families get the support they truly need. Military service members and their families face unique emotional and environmental challenges due to the stress of military life. This is an opportunity for you to support where and when you are most needed.
- Be a part of the Mission Ready Reserve, ready to deploy and support military service members where and when needed.
- Gain experience through real military counseling work with opportunities for bonuses and incentives if a full-time position interest you.
- Assignments on the MRR may range from a few hours up to 90 days at a time and include weekend/evening hours. Choose your availability and get more work through increased availability.
- Promote skill-building, readiness and resilience through approved, evidence-based materials and tools that instill capabilities for better health and wellness.
- Give presentations and briefings to service members and military leadership at military-connected summer camps or community events.
- Provide support for military service members returning from deployment with reintegration to civilian life and reunion with their families.
- Become an integral part of the military leadership community that shapes our nation’s future. Many MFLCs receive military honors and awards as a gesture of appreciation for the value they bring!
Counseling services are generally preventive in nature and address topics such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief, loss and much more. Our counselors use their clinical skills and experience to identify high-risk behaviors and assist in referral for ongoing treatment and support.
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, and Children).
- Visibility at assignment, supporting military-connected students, parents, and staff.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs based on your experienced differential clinical skills to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Developing and/or using approved counseling, training and education programs and materials.
- Communicating information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to Team Leads.
- Participating in regular in-service training or other contract activities as assigned.
- Participating in community events.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD)
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide services.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
While helping America's bravest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
The Leidos Difference for Counselors:
- Enjoy centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence that provides best practices, expert speakers, state-of-the-art resources, and evidence-based research that allow MFLC counselors to spend less time on administration and more time with their participants.
- Partnerships with the military, United States government and academic institutions allow you to work on new and emerging trends such as public health-based intervention models and optimization of the behavioral healthcare continuum.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.