Are you a Data Scientist that likes to perform research-level data analytics? Are you willing to work in Bethesda, MD?
Come support a major program advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics and predictive analytics. You will be delivering cutting edge data science capabilities to advance national security objectives, swiftly produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with actionable intelligence insights.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Work closely with a tight-knit team of data scientists, as well as a larger team of software developers, network engineers, senior investigators, program managers, researchers, and data analysts to design, build, and optimize a Data Science platform to produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations.
- Work on small projects analyzing a variety of big data covering national security, cyber security, business intelligence, online social media, human behavior and more.
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
- Bring your mix of intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify novel sources of data across a range of fields, to improve the performance of predictive algorithms, and to encourage user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
- -Leverage your strong background in research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- B.S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science; or Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree including certificate-based advanced training courses
- 4+ years of experience in data science, analytics or quantitative intelligence analysis, and demonstrating progressive technical development and outcomes. 2+ years of experience required with a Masters or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have an active TS clearance and must be able to achieve a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use algorithms and analytical platforms
- Previous experience performing Research in data analytics or big data;
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Data analytics experience in direct support if military or intelligence community customers, demonstrating progressive technical development and mission-focused outcomes;
- Significant experience dealing with at least two of the following data classes: open source, publicly available information (PAI); forensic media (i.e. DOMEX); measurement and signatures intelligence (MASINT).
- Significant experience with Knowledge Graphs and KG tech such as neo4j
- Previous experience developing predictive algorithms
- Social network analysis, supply chain analysis, forensic accounting, pattern of life, natural language processing, social media analysis, classification algorithms, and/or image processing;
- Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in an unconventional manner;
- Familiarity utilizing virtualization and distributed field systems, such as Hadoop (or similar distributed file systems) in development and deployment environments;
- Familiarity using git, svn, JIRA, or other version control technologies;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS/C2S);
- Familiarity with hardware platforms, e.g., CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.