Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a System Configuration Management Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer.
Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire Nuclear C3 Enterprise.
WORK LOCATION: Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). Classified work required to be conducted at customer’s site.
CLEARANCE: Active DoD Top Secret/SCI required.
In this role you will:
• Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise Nuclear C3 Enterprise and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NC3 functional level.
• Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools.
• Implement CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NC3 configuration items and raise issues through existing Senior level Steering Groups structure as required.
• Develop and/or mature the NC3 CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NC3 Baseline Configuration Items, and NC3 Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
These are the required qualifications...
• Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred with 10-12 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of Master's Degree.
• 10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
• Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
• Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Framework (DODAF).
• Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
• Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
These are the preferred qualifications...
• Knowledge of, and experience working within the parameters of 1) the Society of Automobiles Engineers (SAE) / American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) 649C (SAE/ANSI EIA-649C) Configuration Management Standard, and 2) MIL-HDBK-61A
• Knowledge of the Five Pillars of Configuration Management (CM) and experience in the practical application of Five Pillars CM framework.
• Working knowledge of AF Form 1067 "Modification Proposal" and of DD Form 1692 “Engineering Change Proposal” as they both apply to the Configuration Management process
• Experience working with SharePoint and SharePoint Workflows,
• Experience working with Product Life Cycle Management software application such as Siemens Teamcenter and/or CMPRO Magic
• Experience working Architecture and Modeling/MBSE software applications such as Catia-Magic Draw and/or Sparx Systems Enterprise Architecture
• Experience working with Configuration Management issues in a Federated Network environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.