Leidos is looking for a highly motivated, energetic early to mid-level Systems Administrator who is interested working on the Geostationary Earth Orbit Service Lease (G7SL) Program. This unique role spans the full range of engineering, covering systems engineering, hardware installation and maintenance, network, and security, as well as limited software development and maintenance. The position is described in more detail below:
Systems Administrator responsibilities:
• Willing to work with a hardware centric program, learn Radio Frequency (RF) hardware skills, operate in a lab and depot environment, working out of our Gaithersburg, MD lab as necessary
• Perform inventory control; packing, shipping & receiving; corporate network forms.
• Identify server security vulnerabilities.
• Maintain SW licenses.
• Replace and maintain servers/hard drives/NAS; add devices to existing network; modify network.
• Be system maintainer by performing as backup for the software system.
• Requires Bachelor of Science degree and minimum of 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Linux system admin skills - install OS and configure application packages/libraries, SSH, SCP, SFTP, DNS, NTP/chrony, HTTP, Tomcat, JBoss, file system mounts
• Networking skills - Cisco, VLANs, MPLS, tunnels, OSPF
• Solid system debugging skills
• Linux Bash scripting
• Familiarity with Java programming
• Travel < 10%
• Contract requires SF85P Public Trust and US Citizenship
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellence in Java programming
• Python scripting
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.