The Enterprise IT Service Desk (EITSD) Support subtask, supporting the Digital Innovation for General Services Administration (GSA) Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) task order, is relied upon to provide IT services that appropriately respond to the time-sensitive needs of customers, including Very Important Persons (VIPs) and executives, and provide prompt referrals and escalations to an appropriate IT support service option. The EITSD provides support to users of GSA’s internal infrastructure as well as applications and systems owned by various GSA Service and Staff Offices. The EITSD is the centralized POC for GSA end users and customers to report incidents, submit requests, seek advice, and register complaints about GSA’s IT infrastructure, applications, and programs supported in the environment.
As a Journeyman Computer User Support Specialist, your primary responsibility is ticket processing and resolution management, which includes detailed and clear documentation of the problems and the actions taken to resolve them. Customer service is key to this position. You will provide on site technical assistance to computer users by answering questions to resolve computer problems for the end user. Typical assistance concerns the use of computer hardware and software, to include printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties pertinent to on site support.
- Responds to trouble tickets to resolve user problems.
- Provides technical support through phone, email, and instant message to users in the areas of password resets, e-mail, directories, standard MS Windows desktop applications, smartphones and network connectivity.
- Provides personal computer support problem analysis, and hardware/software installation and configuration.
- Interacts daily with customers to ensure productivity; provides individual feedback.
- Monitors team productivity and quality; provides individual feedback.
- Maintains an audit trail and statistical records of all problems and conditions reported by the client.
CONTRACT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Public Trust Clearance (Or ability to obtain)
- ITILv4 Foundation Training and ITILv4 Foundation Certification may be obtained after hire (no later than December 31, 2022).
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Work is performed remotely under supervision.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 - 7 years of work experience.
- At least one (1) year experience with Windows desktop support.
- At least two (2) years experience working knowledge of remote tools.
- Experience supporting industry standard software products.
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self discipline.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Personnel are expected to ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information consistent with the company’s expectations of information security.
- Communicate verbally and respond to verbal communications in person, over the phone or by video chat.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, primarily utilizing a keyboard.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Travel may be required within a 50 mile radius.
CONTRACT DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled
- Possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Windows, web browsers, and basic functions of Active Directory
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.