The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Civil / Structural Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Regional Office in El Segundo, CA.
The Civil / Structural Engineer will review and update designs, drawings and conduct physical inspections required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for the FAA Unmanned Infrastructure Sustainment program, which will primarily focus on communications towers and antennas, and the support shelter buildings. This may include freestanding or guyed antennas or towers, antenna anchors, foundations and roofing, and/or foundation and anchorage for various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Analyze existing drawings and provide recommendations to site- specific upgrades to the facility, shelter buildings, and support equipment.
- Review existing drawings and perform design changes to include red-lines and as-built drawings.
- Develop and coordinate engineering project scope, cost estimates, risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in El Segundo, CA.
Travel – approximately 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering OR Structural Engineering.
- BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, and concrete foundations.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA Unmanned Infrastructure (antennas and towers) and equipment shelters.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.