The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an opening for a Consulting Employee in our Beavercreek, OH office with part-time virtual support as well. The candidate will provide hypersonics technical thought leadership within Leidos and Department of Defense customer community to capture and execute research and development programs. In technical and strategic position, the candidate will be expected to apply deep domain knowledge toward business development, solutions, problem solving, and leadership to help strengthen the Leidos air-breathing hypersonics program portfolio.
Provide technical and strategic thought leadership and support to Leidos hypersonic chief engineers and program managers:
1. Provide technical advice/input that impact program execution, customer deliverables, and Leidos business results.
2. Support technical execution and assist chief engineer in solution development, trade studies, and other system engineering functions.
3. Apply domain expertise to review and provide feedback on technical solutions and results.
4. Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring hypersonic vehicle design.
5. Lead independent studies and/or analysis when required.
6. Communicate internally and externally with senior executive leadership.
• Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced hypersonic technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
• Domain specific knowledge in the areas of Hypersonics, super/hypersonic Aerothermodynamics, Guidance/Navigation/Control, Modeling and Simulation, and Weapons Systems Engineering.
• Independence: Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to operate independently with limited supervision and feedback.
• Education: Requires a Master’s with at least 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or a Ph.D. with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience; degrees must be in Aerospace, Mechanical or similar discipline.
• Travel: Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
• Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance. Preferred active TS clearance.
Technical: Prior experience with planning and execution of hypersonic vehicle design and/or flight test will be preferred.
Leadership and Program Management: Prior experience in managing DOD research efforts is a plus. Preference given to candidates with experience in managing research efforts funded by AFRL, DARPA, ONR, and similar.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.