In today’s world we are bombarded constantly by images of the world around us. At Leidos we try to make sense of all the imagery using advanced signal processing algorithms. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every pixel, and we seek a candidate with an interest in algorithm research, development, and implementation, who also possesses a strong scientific curiosity and desire to learn new things. Leidos is an employee-friendly company with a strong benefit package, flexible working hours, and a collegial atmosphere. Come join our team!
- Develop cutting edge image processing algorithms for noise reduction, signal detection and characterization
- Conduct data analysis using a large and growing collection of remote sensing imagery
- Create efficient algorithm implementations in software
- Document results and present them to customers
- Work collegially within a talented team of peers
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience or PhD in related field
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Interest in scientific algorithm development, large dataset analysis, complex phenomenology, detection and characterization, and efficient software implementation
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and achieving technical results
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience with remote sensing data
- Experience with public speaking and/or customer presentations
- Ability to write reports and research documentation
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.