Leidos is looking for an Incident Responder to join our Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) in support of our customer at the Department of Commerce (DOC). The DOC ESOC comprises of 14 analysts across multiple functions. This team supports 6am-6pm Eastern Time coverage between its DC and WV locations. On-call rotation for escalation as needed for night/weekends (coordinated with manager each month for the on-call schedule).
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by cyber analysts
- Handle incidents through their lifecycle; work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Communicate guidance to end users, DOC Bureaus, and senior officials
- Preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, Bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Identify process improvements and generate ideas to improve the ESOC’s capabilities
- Timely dissemination of information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Other incident response related duties as assigned
- Requires BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- Ability to analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to perform threat hunting
- Scripting capabilities
- Understanding of SIEM and SOAR products
Must have at least one of the following certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- Additional certifications at an equivalent may also be considered
- Must be US Citizen
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
- Silver Springs, MD
- Washington DC
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.