Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos employees enjoy market-competitive compensation and benefits and career growth opportunities to match individual ambitions.
Leidos is seeking an entry-level Quality Assurance Engineer to support the Maritime System Division (MSD) in either Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA, both ISO 9001 certified facilities. The scope of the business activities at these facilities includes: underwater vehicle systems, maritime sensors, supporting information technology & engineering services for complex maritime applications, development and support of underwater data acquisition and telemetry systems for distributed sensors for ISR, IPOE, SSW and platform signature measurement.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the state-of-the-art signal processing technologies for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of advanced signal processing solutions to the full range of maritime missions. The MSD team includes an outstanding group of engineers and scientists, located in Arlington VA, Long Beach MS, Newport RI, Lynnwood and Poulsbo WA, San Diego CA, and other sites around the United States, who support a broad range of activities ranging from advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T customers to provide support for ongoing Navy missions. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development.
- Works as a member of the Mission Assurance team and works with project technicians, engineers, and managers to develop and implement QA surveillance approaches.
- Conduct quality inspections of project deliverables and support performance verification testing, as needed.
- Collect and report key process indicator measurements and progress toward meeting quality objectives. Key process indicators include on-time delivery, supplier ratings, receiving inspection first pass yield, and work order first pass yield.
- Supports Quality Management Reviews with functional discipline leads (i.e., engineering, production, project management and area leadership) to evaluate and improve the quality management system.
- Create and update Tailored Process Baselines (TPB), as required. TPB is where Leidos standard project execution processes are applied to specific work scope.
- Provide review and input to program plans and other program documents in support of accurate and on-time deliverables.
- Execute timely quality audits in adherence with the program audit schedules and in compliance with Leidos policies and direction, report audit results to program leadership.
- Generate corrective action requests for audit findings and maintain the Common Audit Database (CAD) with timely updates/closures of audit findings.
- Supports the conduct of root cause analysis for issues and findings that require corrective actions to identify potential system improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with hardware and software development processes
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and CMMI Level 3 Quality Management Systems
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools [Jira, Confluence]
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.