Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex and diverse IT systems to meet requirements. Works independently or part of a team on advanced systems analysis projects. Reviews and tests IT systems for adherence to requirements and documents test results. Resolve tickets and problem reports on specific technologies and hardware/software components to include COTS/GOTS products from the system level to individual hardware/software components. Recommends new technologies and processes for complex systems. Coordinates system installations and monitors equipment functioning. Creates build docs for system administrators. Identifies system requirements for operations and security, and works with other engineers and staff to develop design and integrate components.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with current polygraph is required.
- Ten (10) years experience as a SA on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- This position requires experience with both LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration.
- VMware experience.
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM).
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 year experience.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.