Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities? There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an experienced Technical Writer/Editor to support the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) Task Order for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, professional with 5+ years of experience supporting high performing teams in a high op-tempo environment. Due to the secure nature of the program all system changes, plans, and designs require detailed documentation prior to execution. This requires ongoing sustainment of system CONOPs, network diagrams, knowledge management artifacts, etc.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
The Task Order is expected to be awarded by 8/1/2022.
• Responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, CONOPs, network diagrams, knowledge management artifacts, etc.
• Effectively communicate with authors, sponsors, and leadership
• Translate technical material into easy to consume material for end-user
• Document and maintain training materials
• Support technical writing and editing of the continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer, specifically functions such as:
- Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Develop, document, and maintain functional, integration, security, and load/stress testing procedure
- Document and deliver an approach for automated acceptance testing, integration/regression testing, all new applications, and all new capabilities
- Release Management:
- Participate in the development of the release management process, procedures, and policies
- Establish, manage, update, and maintain the overall Release Management Plan and Release Schedule
- Conduct site surveys, as necessary, to assess existing equipment and software being used to validate release package requirements and dependencies
- Implementation & Migration:
- Facilitate the migration of customer data and metadata onto the CESO architecture and applications
- Develop, document, and maintain implementation and migration procedures
- Install or migrate new and upgraded services components or services into operations
- Training & Knowledge Transfer
- Develop, document, and maintain training and knowledge transfer procedures
- Develop end-user training and knowledge management materials in support of new releases
- Develop, implement, and maintain a CESO-accessible knowledge database/portal
- Provide training when substantive technological changes are introduced
• Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
• BA and 8+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years of experience in technical writing and editing supporting the federal government. Add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Ability to obtain an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification within 120 days
• Strong organizational skills
• Technical savvy, including the ability to understand and/or pick up virtualization environment operations
• Works independently or as part of a team
• Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, technical leaders, etc)
• Explains solutions, practices, and procedures to others in the organization
• Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
• Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.