The Leidos Innovations Center has immediate openings for Software Engineers to develop software for Graphics Processing Units at our San Diego office. We specialize in developing scientific and embedded systems that apply advanced signal processing, image processing, and machine learning algorithms to important national defense problems.
In this position you will work with small teams of experienced engineers and scientists to apply your expertise and creativity to develop efficient GPU implementations of complex algorithms. In this role you will have the opportunity take a leadership role in developing the software required to meet project objectives.
This is a full time position located in San Diego, CA with up to 25% telework.
- Develop GPU implementations of advanced signal processing and machine learning algorithms in collaboration with project engineers and scientists.
- Optimize GPU software for high processing efficiency, high throughput, and robust performance on advanced hardware platforms.
- Analyze existing algorithms and software for translation into GPU solutions.
- Suggest algorithm enhancements and optimizations to support efficient GPU implementation.
- Show initiative in solving problems and integrating software to meet end-to-end system objectives.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Support the planning and conducting of field tests for developed systems.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and optimizing graphics processor kernel code using CUDA, OpenCL, and/or HIP.
- Experience using GPUs in scientific, signal processing, or machine learning applications.
- Current US citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Programming experience with Cuda, OpenCL, C/C++, Matlab, Python.
- Understanding of latest GPU hardware capabilities and memory architectures.
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts and frameworks.
- Familiarity with parallel and real-time computing concepts.
- Experience with development processes spanning requirements through deployment.
- Understanding of concepts used in signal processing, detection, estimation, classification, and machine learning.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.