Are you interested in continuing your IT career in Radford, VA? Radford is a great small city with big opportunities!
Leidos is seeking a Junior Network Technician who enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment to support the ALTESS Contract in Radford, VA.
Must have an active Secret Security clearance.
Security+ or equivalent certification
BICSI Installer Certification, Data Center Technician, or equivalent IT certification
You will be supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and offers managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure.
The Network Technician should be able to demonstrate common IT knowledge and physical ability to provide services for the installation and on-going support of data center assets to include network, storage, and computer equipment as well as supporting voice, video, and other data center services.
Candidate should be experienced in the installation, modification, and repair of data center structured infrastructure cabling associated with data center equipment to include copper and fiber optic cabling and patch panel environments.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily based on company standards. The requirements and duties listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully.
Some of the Duties you will be asked to perform:
• Provide infrastructure support including: Installation, termination, testing, labeling, and decommissioning of CAT5/6 Copper and Fiber cabling and patch systems.
• Perform organization, formation, and dressing of cables to defined standards
• Troubleshooting of copper and fiber cabling (including multimode and single mode)
• Installation of Cage, Cabinets, Ladder Rack, Fiber Tray
• Installation and removal of communications and server equipment into cabinets
• Installation and removal of pluggable power cabling per defined standards
• Ability to follow directions and procedures, follow and generate documentation, and maintain schedules
• Ability to work independently, adjust priorities and handle multiple projects
• Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a team
• Complete electronic documentation of all work completed for change requests and incidents Report status via email and ticketing system
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Must be able to climb ladders and work overhead to perform work tasks
• Maintain updated inventory of equipment and supplies
• Daily walkthrough of data center checking for failures and areas for improvement.
• Ability to lift 60-75 lbs.
• Working in a 24X7 environment, call in and responding outside of normal business hours may be required for emergency coverage
• Responsibilities and duties may change, expand, etc. Flexibility and the ability to adapt is a must
Other Job Requirements:
• Working in a 24x7 environment
• Call-in and responding outside of normal business hours may be required.
• Excellent people and proactive communications skills
• Experience with ticket documentation system preferred
• Punctual and Reliability
• Strong attention to detail, and a capability to follow procedures
• Minimum 1-3 years in IT operations or similar role.
• Bachelors +5yrs or Associates +7yrs
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.