The Leidos Civil NISC team is looking for an Electrical Engineer to provide support to the FAA Alaska Communications Engineering Group. The Electrical Engineer will review I design / conduct design reviews of complex electrical / electronics systems, components, facilities, and equipment associated and modernization of the systems. The candidate will provide the necessary engineering and design support in various areas of electrical engineering.
Primary Responsibilities will be to:
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge materials.
- Confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establish networks; participating in professional societies.
Position approximately requires 25% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of relevant experience in 2 or more of the following: Electronic Systems (required), Project Management (required), Electronics Troubleshooting (required), Electronic Testing Design (required), Technical Drawings\Drafting, Reporting Research Result/Emphasizing Excellence, and Innovation. Additional years of relevant experience maybe accepted/considered in lieu of degree.
- Great attention to detail.
- Familiar with Alaskan / Remote work environments.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience with FAA electronic communications system is highly desired.
- Drafting and drawing experience a plus.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.