Are you interested in continuing your IT career in Radford, VA? Radford is a great small city with big opportunities!
Leidos is seeking a Senior Network Adminisrator that enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment to support the ALTESS Contract in Radford, VA. ALTESS is a contact supporting the Army Enterprise Data Centers, and Commercial Cloud services infrastructure at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant.
Our candidate will have to have a Fully Adjudicated Secret Clearance and the following Certifications to be eligible.
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification Professional Level or higher (i.e., Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCNP Datacenter, Juniper, Palo Alto, F5 etc.)
This position is for a Network Administrator focused on the implementation and sustainment of both NIPR and SIPR switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and network management tools. The focus is a Cisco ACI datacenter environment. Responsibilities include: network management/analysis/troubleshooting, developing and maintaining local operating procedures and policies, and monitoring the ongoing operation of the network.
Skills you will need to have!
- 5+ years of Network Administration
- Documented experience with Cisco ACI and the Nexus 9k line.
- 5+ years of configuring and maintaining switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and network management tools
- Experience with network management, analysis and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Data Center Management, including automation
- Ability to train junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience in patch management
- Experience in implementing and maintaining DISA STIGs or equivalent security management Strategies
- Experience in the deployment of firmware and security configurations using automation
- Experience with development of project documentation to include standard operating procedures, project plans, and network diagrams
- Strong networking background
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong documentation skills
Other skills we would like to see
- 5+ years of Cisco switch management experience
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus (7K, 5K, and 2K) line and Cisco Catalyst line
- Experience with the Cisco MDS 9k line.
- Experience with Cisco ASA/Firepower firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience with F5 load balancers
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.