Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an Insurance and Risk Management Director position to join our enterprise finance team. This is a hands-on, critical, role with high visibility that will help the organization evaluate the current insurance landscape, determine the best coverage model, and build out a network of insurance providers to support our current and future needs. In this role, you will be required to promote an enterprise-wide understanding of the company’s risk management philosophy and strategies, as well as lead and manage all aspects of Leidos’ global insurance risk management program.
- Proactively identify, assess, and evaluate operational risk exposures
- Develop and implement comprehensive and thought-leading global insurance solutions
- Oversee the management of all insurance claims and manage the department’s insurance budget
- Ensure a thorough insurance and risk management due diligence is performed on all acquisition targets, and that upon close of a transaction integration is successfully completed
- Collaborate with other due diligence functional leads, target personnel, and our insurance broker and underwriters
- Prepare and manage insurance budget and explain variances to executive leadership team
- Negotiate settlements and support major loss litigation matters
- Lead sourcing, negotiation, and onboarding activities for insurance protection for global activities
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of a team of in-house insurance professionals
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Finance or related field and 12+ years of prior experience working in a corporate risk management department or related insurance industry position. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of leading teams and projects.
- Possess a minimum of one of the following industry designations ARM, CPCU, or RIMIS-CRMP.
- A self starter with deep subject matter expertise and demonstrated ability to manage complex insurance programs and effectively communicate with the Board of Directors, Executive Leadership Team, personnel across the organization as well as with our valued strategic insurance partners
- Proficiency with MS Office, IT systems, and risk management information systems.
- Leadership capabilities, strong business acumen, advanced organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail while retaining a holistic focus a must.
- Experience working for a large, multinational government contractor and working knowledge of U.S. Government FAR Clauses desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.