Leidos has an exciting opportunity in beautiful Radford, VA for a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator.
Can you obtain or do you have a DOD Secret Clearance and a CompTIA Security+ Cert and a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (or higher) certification?
Are you able to maintain SQL Server databases in enterprise environments consisting of approximately 2000 Windows servers. This position is responsible for development and sustainment of SQL Server 2019 Microsoft Failover Clusters. You will need to be ablet to standardize, consolidate, and optimize the existing SQL Server environments and monitor and maintain database performance. You will also collaborate with internal and external customers to gather requirements for special processing, and work and track issues to resolution using an in-house ticket system.
Some of what we will ask you to do:
- Design, install, configure, audit, and maintain highly available enterprise database systems
- Monitor backups on all SQL Server databases
- Perform routine disaster recovery testing scenarios
- Troubleshoot and maintain database performance, including the proposal of shortterm fixes, long term solutions, and the regular scheduling of index maintenance and database integrity checks
- Establish and maintain database policies and standards
- Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
- Refresh data from one processing environment to another as required
- Develop, follow, and maintain team documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
- Adhere to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management
- Work trouble tickets
- Participate in security audits
We need the following from you:
- A bachelor’s degree and 12 yrs of Experience or a master’s degree and 10 Yrs of Experience
- Three to five years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition and all facets of database administration
- Three or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server High Availability features: Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Three or more years of experience with Windows Server (2016 and higher) and Microsoft Failover Clusters
- Installation and configuration experience with SQL Server 2019 (and higher) and SQL Server Cumulative Updates (CUs)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing project management support in an IT environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong database performance tuning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation
We would like to see some:
- Experience with DoD (Department of Defense) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience with PowerShell (5.1 or higher)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with script-based automation
Why Radford, Why NOT Radford!!!!
Radford is bordered on three sides by the New River and neatly tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and features a delightfully picturesque setting for a diverse and charming array of activities to include, hiking, biking trails, fishing and plenty of wildlife.
If you know someone who may be a good fit, refer them to us! Your referral could get you a one-time referral payment of $3,000 even if you are not an employee of Leidos! More details here.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.