Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a System Administrator to be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) NOC. The SysAdmin will ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the systems they manage meet the needs of the users. The System Administrator may be required to install or upgrade components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train staff; or offer technical support for projects.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, which provides secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and intelligence communities. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of legacy systems, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is in either Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
The GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) Task Order is expected to be awarded by 8/1/2022.
- Maintain processes and procedures, while adhering to established policies
- Monitor new complex systems
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain server and domain security requirements.
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality alongside Network Technicians.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and applications software
- Manage accounts, network rights, access to systems and equipment
- Resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of system fixes, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems.
- Participate in Management meetings, discussions, committees, and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT and 4+ years of experience; Additional experience may substitute for degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Administration and/or Linux Administration
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, available shifts include: 0600-1400 (6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.), 1400-2200 (2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.), 2200-0600 (10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Candidate may be asked to obtain CI Poly in future
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: SolarWinds, Atlassian, ACAS, Ansible Tower, Spacewalk, WSUS, Microsoft, Lumension, Adbe, CITRIX, HP, CISCO, VMWare, NETAPP, APACHE, Splunk, RHEL, IBM Tivoli
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.