Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and software engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set. We are currently seeking software engineers / computer scientists to join our leading-edge research and engineering group.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Hydrodynamicists, Physicists, Machine Learning Researchers, Acousticians, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers and more) to design, implement, and deliver cutting edge software solutions to complex problems.
This position will afford you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills in addition to solving high-profile national defense problems. We hire people with curiosity and passion about science, technology, engineering, and math and who want to take that passion and turn it into reality.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- Work alongside a team to incorporate scientific algorithms into a large code stream
- Assist in translation of existing software to make compatible with GPUs
- Testing and evaluating new and existing software implementations
- BS degree or higher in computer science or computer engineering and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- GPU/CUDA experience
- Currently holds a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Experience programming in C/C++, single and/or multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience configuration management systems such as Git
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.