Leidos is seeking a Solutions Manager to support the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, delivering the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service.
This leader is responsible for leading a broad scoped team through understanding customer requests and defining accurate, awardable, and executable solutions using inputs from Ops, Engineering, and Architecture SME Teams for proposals, ROMs, and customer presentations. In this position, you work with various departments throughout our company and internal to the SMIT program to lead a team through all solution development phases of the Leidos proposal processes and respond to customer contract modification and order requests and manage the end-to-end solution development process from pre-proposal and request receipt through proposal development, negotiation, until award. You are responsible for performance of the team to develop bid solutions, including BOMs, from end to end.
The Solutions Manager will directly support the three domains of SMIT, inclusive of MCEN, ONE-Net and NMCI, serving as a core member of the Order and Growth Team. The candidate will support on-contract-growth/sole source efforts for service orders, program modifications, and project orders and requests. Candidates will be expected to have an understanding of Federal contractor bid and proposal management standard practices as well as MBSE and solution architecture best practices. In this position, the Solutions Manager will need to exhibit strong leadership skills, and the ability to work with program and functional teams to drive tasks to closure.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Drive management of all proposal solution activities with a direct and matrixed team.
- Drive all process development for execution of SMIT proposal solution needs that align with Leidos corporate requirements.
- Provide executive level reporting and briefings to Leidos and Government leadership.
- Lead efforts to enhance standard solution libraries in support of organization-wide proposal development tools and templates.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to address issues, remove blockers, and ensure collaboration in support of your team
- Ensure all material developed by your team is accurate and meets financial and business objectives.
- Drive team through all stages of proposal development including BOE and BOM activities, pricing, and submissions
- Manage team within defined budgets
- Other duties as required
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve successful submissions
- Lead negotiation activities and solution strategies as required
List the “must have” MINIMUM requirements to be considered for the position and ensure minimum quals fall within the minimum Leidos job code requirements. Example: Bachelors’ Degree with 6 years’ of applicable experience or 4 additional years’ of experience in lieu of degree. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading solution/engineering/architecture teams
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to lead a multifaceted and matrixed team
- Strong customer communication skills and ability to build those relationships
- Prior experience in the development and management of federal contract proposals, solutions, and cost elements
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve processes and determine needs to successfully develop solutions in short turnaround timeframes
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.