Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to support Post-Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Operational Procedure Trainer (OPT), Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (SGF), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
The Sr. Configuration Manager will be responsible for all aspects of configuration management and quality control of software changes to the system they are assigned. Duties may include ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met. They will also write Configuration Management (CM) Plans. Audits software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures. Performs audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects. Participates in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline. Responsible for code management, audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects. Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Will manage the development of solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact the team. Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions to achieve functional objectives The Senior Configuration Manager will also be required to run Configuration control boards for all issues associated with the system they are assigned and act as the team lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, other Engineering or other Technical Discipline and 8 years of experience performing functional configuration management.
- Four (4) years of additional functional configuration management experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with the development of Configuration Management Plans.
- Understanding and experience with SEC Configuration Management process.
- Experience with Configuration Managements tools such as Git and Beyond Compare.
- Familiar with SharePoint repositories.
- Experience with the EMARSS Family of Systems.
- Experience with tracking and maintaining software licenses.
- Understanding and experience in the complete lifecycle of the software in military systems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a diverse team of engineers and testers
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post- Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
- Experience using Jira and managing Program Tracking Reports (PTRs) through the complete software lifecycle.
- Understanding and experience with Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) processes and procedures.
- Experience with supporting the development of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs).
- Experience with U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Software Control and Reference Office (SCRO) processes and procedures.
- Experience with data management processes and procedures and understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.