Leidos is seeking a Document Management Technician to work in support of the US Attorney’s Office in Boise, Idaho. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice to achieve their mission. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we are equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
The Document Management Technician position requires the conduct of the following tasks:
• Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Controls access to the office and ensures that only visitors properly cleared are authorized entry.
• Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls. Takes messages from, and gives messages to visitors when staff members are unavailable.
• Handles citizen complaints over the telephone and in person. Directs caller or visitor to proper agency and provides citizen complaint form.
• Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate Federal, State or local agencies concerning matters outside the office’s purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
• Receives legal documents (e.g., Civil Rights complaints) and notifies appropriate person of receipt. Organizes and maintains in binders any necessary form or other documents in prescribed manner.
• Maintains an up-to-date telephone listing and files of addresses of departments and agencies. Maintains necessary telephone directories needed by the office.
• Reserves conference rooms upon request.
• Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail, including interoffice mail and service of process. Checks mail and annotates accordingly. Immediately notifies appropriate staff members when hand-delivered incoming mail, FedEx and UPS deliveries, and FAXs are received and places in appropriate internal mailbox.
• Receives requests for office supplies from co-located personnel and submits interoffice orders for replenishment as needed.
• Provides courier services from the USAO to the courthouses and state and federal agencies as required to file and/or deliver legal documents as needed.
• Collects quarterly mileage logs and submits requests for reimbursement to the Budget Officer.
• Assists the Automated Litigation Support staff with legal document redactions.
• Assists that administrative division with other division related tasks as needed.
Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
Must be able to read and follow instructions.
Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Undergraduate degree preferred. Litigation support experience valued.
Prior federal government experience is valued
Active security clearance, preferred.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $13.65/hr.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.