- Expected to connect various hardware items via software and/or hardware to create a seamless product that had operates as single item
- Complete installation reports and trouble shooting documents to share for best practices
- Compile and update integration code on internal network for library of items to be stored and reloaded if needed.
- Able to represent the company as Subject Matter Expert in the hardware handshaking.
- Can Install and commission conveyor systems and electrical connections on industrial handling equipment.
- Installs, repairs, and modifies equipment in the field; provides customer training as directed.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or factory locations.
- May be called upon to work on equipment that has little or no documentation or training.
- Meets weekly project installation goals within required deadlines.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on experience and support data; recommends modifications or improvements to equipment, documentation, and operating processes.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time.
- Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change.
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- Willing to work on challenging international projects for short durations.
- Work well with peers from various backgrounds to build effective work relationships.
- Current U.S. Citizen with valid U.S. Passport in hand by hire date.
- AS degree or graduate of technical school in electronics field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in field or installation service environments
- Must pass criminal background check, drug test and extensive credit check
- Physically able to get in narrow spaces, climb ladders / stairs, and carry 50+ lbs. without assistance.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License with Real ID.
- Candidates may be located anywhere within CONUS as weekly travel is required.
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs
- Working knowledge of x-ray and/or CT technologies
- Network installation and configuration is a preferred
- PLC experience is a required
- Previous field electrical assembly experience
- Software integration with electric/mechanical equipment.
- Previous hands on project management expected
- Work environment is typically considered to be off-site, wherever the customer of concern is located. Service will typically be rendered at airports, correctional facilities, courthouses, cruise ships or other locations as required. Typical travel requirement is up to 100%.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.