Leidos is seeking a Senior Mainframe Systems Developer. Our expert-level staff analyze, create, implement, and support cutting edge technologies in support of the Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) contract for the United States Department of Agriculture. DISC provides critical IT infrastructure, data center services, and cloud hosting for vital federal government functions. Our team will provide 24/7 on-prem and cloud solutions and services to USDA and other organizations for the next several years.
- Provide technical support for z/OS and commercial off the shelf software installation and problem analysis of various mainframe-based products.
- Provide technical consulting and analysis of new technologies, implementation strategy, and impact to production.
- Configure, manage, and diagnose VTAM SNA components in a multi-system complex.
- Independently diagnose and resolve trouble calls in technical areas.
- Develop technical specifications, in accordance with established requirements and schedules and develop on the job training programs on new developments in technology and software packages, create technical documentation,
- Review proposed policy, regulations, and procedural changes to determine impact.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related degree
- 4+ years of experience as a mainframe developer / programmer including extensive hands-on experience as a z/OS mainframe programmer
- Experience using IBMs SMP/E software products for installation and maintenance of z/OS systems
- Experience using IBM’s JCL and related utility programs to maintain z/OS software products
- Experience handling IBM’s file structure (s): (i.e HFS, ZFS, and PDS’s)
- Experience with TSO, creating and modifying ISPF panels
- Experience utilizing IBM’s SDSF and/or equivalent ISV product
- Background with TCPIP network and related components including route tables and OSA ports
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.