Leidos is seeking a Sr. Information System Security Office (ISSO) to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The ISSO will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining existing Authority to Operate (ATO) documentation throughout the sustainment portion of the system lifecycle. They will utilize the XACTA system to update documentation in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) System Security Package (SSP), verify systems are operating in their intended manner, and validate administrator permissions and access to systems under their purview
This role requires an individual that is familiar with security accreditation frameworks and directives (e.g. NIST, RMF, Common Criteria, DoD, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)) and works to mitigate risks by applying security controls effectively to maintain an acceptable degree of operational risk across multiple enclaves in an enterprise environment. The ISSO will promote security best practices, identify and articulate process improvement and procedures updates, and conduct testing and assessments to sustain required accreditations. Additionally, the ISSO will assist with tracking, documenting, and remediating vulnerabilities identified by the customer’s Cyber Security division and direct remediation efforts for system administrator staff, provide status updates to government and program leadership, and update relevant RMF packages as required.
• Author, review, and update accreditation packages and supporting documentation to maintain existing ATO state for all systems operating in the production environment that follow all government, IC, DoD, DISA, NIST, or industry standards and policies
• Review documentation provided by the customer’s Engineering division as part of the initial ATO package to validate all documents are available and useable in their current state
• Maintain SSPs and related configuration records in customer’s XACTA system and Service Now or other CMDB tool
• Develop, monitor, and update Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to document open risks and vulnerabilities through remediation or mitigate
• Can work independently as well as collaboratively to drive security process improvements to streamline the process, increase the security posture of the enterprise, and ensure due diligence at all times
• Comfortable communicating officially and unofficially via briefings, meetings, emails, or other collaboration technologies, with Leidos program leadership and government leadership
• Has in-depth understanding of information security technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across a range of enterprise services and systems
• Coordinates all A&A renewal activities with the DAO, DAOR, or other representatives from the Cyber Security division to maintain proper accreditation throughout the life of the system
• Review, update, and maintain CONOPs, Disaster Recovery, and other required plans for each system to reflect the evolving enterprise
• Coordinate with System Administrators and other operations and engineering staff to remediate all vulnerabilities and report results to the Cyber Security division.
• Document, track, and obtain approvals for open vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated through the use of POA&Ms, Risk Acceptance requests, or other customer-mandated processes and forms
• Mentor coworkers, system administrators, program and government leadership on evolving security best practices and potential impacts on production systems
• Practical experience understanding and applying ICD-503 Risk Management Framework
• Experienced with XACTA to track, document, and validate accreditation packages
• Understanding of DoD and IC security policies and mandates
• Experienced with reviewing existing ATO documentation, identifying missing or outdated information, and coordinating with relevant support teams to obtain necessary information
• Time management skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Track record of working effectively individually, with peers, and with outside support elements
• Experience with IT Service Management ticketing systems such as Service Now
• Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
• Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12 or more years of relevant experience, Masters degree with 8 or more years, or a High School Diploma with 16 or more years
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• TS/SCI with a Poly is required for this position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a Poly.
• Active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.