**This role can be 100% remote but the candidate must be in one of these regions – Augusta, ME; Binghamton, NY; Rochester, NY; New Haven, CT; or Framingham, MA
Leidos is seeking Distribution Designers to work remotely in multiple area in the Northeast.
Successful Distribution Designer candidates will have interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
Distribution Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Field pole locations and take detailed notes on existing conditions. Fielding equipment to be provided and mileage is reimbursable.
Distribution Designer Required Education & Experience:
- Level 1 – Associate Distribution Designer: BS degree with 0-1 years of experience or BA or AS degree with 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma + 6 years of experience
- Level 2 – Distribution Designer: BS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR BA degree or AS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR HS diploma + 8 years relevant experience
Required for all levels:
- Experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pole Loading software ( O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole Foreman) and SAP
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.