The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Chemical/Biological Technical Writer for a program supporting an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of science-oriented, government-contractor team supporting the counter proliferation and counter WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate shall provide subject matter expertise and support analysis of data by:
Reviewing and analyzing test results to identify the development or use of chemical and biological agents.
Reviewing test results, combining data, and performing analysis to support the generation of technical analysis reports for dissemination.
Collaborating with team members on analysis topics and research.
• Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, genetics, bioinformatics, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related field with relevant laboratory or bioinformatics experience plus 8 years of experience. Candidates without the relevant educational background cannot be considered.
• Experience and understanding of the methodology, processes, procedures, and equipment used in a chemical or biological laboratory.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics software programs and software development.
• Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills.
• Ability to brief senior personnel and partners.
• Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence.
• Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
• 2+ years of related experience in analytical biology or chemistry.
• 2+ years of experience as a technical writer
• 2+ years of experience conducting research and analysis that aid in the identification of potential chemical and biological weapons
• Background in counter proliferation and WMD
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.