Sr Capture Manager for our Intelligence Group
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL…
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Sr Capture Manager to join our Intel Business Development Team with positions located in Reston, VA, Chantilly, VA and Columbia, MD.
As a core member of the Capture team, you will play a valuable part in leading and support high-performing capture teams, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the Intelligence Community market.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
THE CHALLENGE: (Role & Responsibilities)
The Capture Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the execution of the business operation’s overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new and existing projects.
Duties may include:
- Orchestrating bid strategy, providing oversight of the development of proposal volumes, conducting market and competition analysis, and creating, leading, and supporting capture and proposal teams.
- The selected candidate is responsible to follow corporate processes for business development and capture management.
- This includes working closely with the responsible business development or marketing lead, supporting the transition from opportunity identification into capture efforts, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successfully bid and win contracts, contacting and interfacing with existing and new clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, establishing internal and external teaming, and managing bid and proposal funding.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Works as lead, responsible for entire sections, volumes, proposals, and/or captures; develops solutions to difficult problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, business development and operations team members, as well as customer leadership and external stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; participates or leads opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal and program reviews, and lessons learned activities
- Communicates status, resource needs, capture strategy, and recommendations to executive leadership
- Oversees the proposal phase of the opportunity to ensure successful delivery to the client; and contributes feedback and innovative ideas to the team in support of continuous improvement.
WHAT SETS YOU APART: (Required Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective collaboration and inclusive leadership skills
- Familiarity with federal government acquisition types, processes, and tools
- Demonstrated skills in areas relevant to business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer and industry collaboration, and team leadership
- Candidate must possess an active Secret clearance
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE: (Preferred Skills)
- Experience in capturing and winning business development opportunities with emphasis on opportunity qualification, stakeholder engagement, solution development, and proposal submission
- Proven record of success managing and winning capture efforts within the Intelligence Community
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
- Active Top Secret clearance and willingness to obtain a successful polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.