Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building enterprise solutions serving the Veterans Affairs. Be part of the mission solution and help lead VA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit the job description? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting Veterans Affairs and our nation’s Veterans.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Leidos is seeking an experienced Master Scheduler to develop and maintain project and program level Integrated Master Schedules in support of a multi-year effort to deploy a new HR management system at Veterans Affairs. The successful candidate will perform analysis and provides status for project schedules for submission to Government personnel. Analysis, recommendations for alternative courses of action, and status updates will be required on an on-going basis to ensure customers, service providers, and teams maintain awareness of current program statuses.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Create and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in MS Project 2016 based on the Statement of Work and by working with technical team leads to determine their critical tasks, identify contractual milestones, associate interdependencies across the program, and integrate large subcontractor partners.
- Develop and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develop an achievable, resource loaded IMS critical path for project, program and contractual milestones.
- Identify key milestones, manage dependencies, identify risk/issues and track, report program progress.
- Conduct and facilitate weekly IMS reviews with program team to collect scope change, status change, progress information and update the IMS accordingly.
- Perform project management functions including analyzing requirements, performing Schedule Risk Analyses (SRA), Critical Path Analysis, resource workload analysis, and by establishing and maintaining project schedule policies, and projecting out-year requirements.
- Prepare project and program status reports based on current and forecast schedules; implement and maintain schedule change control.
- Prepare schedule trend analysis to identify problem areas and submit recommendations for corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise and with internal and external stakeholders as needed to maintain the IMS.
- Understand, document, and communicate enterprise interdependencies.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and the technical leads to analyze schedules, and make recommendations related to management of the schedule, performance status, project contract actions, system dependencies, and critical path.
- IMS development and maintenance experience for mid-to-large IT system implementation projects using MS Project.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Project 2016, including ability to merge multiple schedules, ability to do critical path analysis, resource allocation analysis, create MS Project status and completion reports, and provide scheduling recommendations to the Program Manager and technical team leads.
- Ability to identify issues and work with the team to resolve scheduling issues.
- Strong communication skills
- BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience supporting system development, implementation and integration efforts for Federal customers
- Veterans Affairs experience is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.