This position will support the DISA GSM-O II Task Number 07 (TN07) Joint Force Headquarters DODIN. GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs. The selected candidate shall, in accordance with mission requirements, provide holistic enterprise defensive strategies for enterprise cyber security capabilities implemented within the infrastructure of the DODIN to include but not limited to Cloud, network boundaries, cross domains, and varying endpoint technologies.
- Provide analysis of architectures, technologies, policies, information and analytic data
- Develop cybersecurity and risk assessment methodologies and procedures to support prevention, detection, and mitigation of anomalous activity, vulnerabilities and inefficiencies.
- Perform cyber situational awareness activities and provide analysis and recommendations.
- Prepare and perform briefings appropriate for senior leadership (i.e., general officer or flag officer)
- Conduct micro and macro analysis of enterprise cybersecurity defensive strategies in order to enable operational effectives, defense, and command and control.
- Analyze policy, program management office managed systems, hardware, and software, cloud, network infrastructure in order to recommend methods and strategies that reduce and/or managed impacts.
- Perform defensive strategy configuration management support including:
- Cloud Security: Develop strategies to monitor, detect, and prevent unauthorized manipulation and access of services and data in transit, at rest, and in use
- Boundary Security: (Gateways, Cross-Domain Peering Points, Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) or Network Gateways, Internet Access Points or General Boundaries): Identify, discover, and maintain cognizance of the DODIN boundary, inclusive of IAPs, peering points, and other major points of ingress/egress to the DODIN; Document and maintain boundary architectures, understand employed defensive capabilities and available sensor data
- Endpoint Security: Perform Endpoint security management and security analysis, to include planning, and assessing, and/or providing the reporting of enterprise strategies for compliance, signatures and integration strategies with mid-tier, and boundary capabilities
- Develop metrics and measures and recommend standards to support assessments, process improvements and operational efficiencies at HQ and across the DODIN
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 12+ years of applicable combined education and experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
- IAT Level II & III, IAM Level II & III, CSSP Analyst, (Security +, CySA+, CND, CISSP, CASP+, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, CEH)
- Direct experience with configuring and operating cybersecurity and networking devices and various IDS, IPS, SIM/SIEM/SOAR technologies,
- Maintain expert knowledge of endpoint and networking security controls; provide updates to security control guidance.
- Familiarity with all related aspects of cybersecurity operations and security architecture & engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Experience with technical and/or military writing
- Experience with configuring and operating cybersecurity and networking devices (i.e. routers, firewalls, IDPS)
- Experience with network routing and associated technology (internal and external routing)
- Experience with mitigation development against malicious cyber activity
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.