Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Lead and facilitate Data Center Systems Engineering support
- Coordination support with in the DC management team to minimize overlap in PSC requirements gathering and ensure all data is shared with all stakeholders
- Develop, maintain, and distribute required PSC configuration management tools
- Develop, maintain, and distribute required PSC and equipment metrics from DCIM and other site data center configuration management data sources in support of site planning and integration activities
- Ability to provide and support data center Systems Engineering activities
- Collect and manage “rack level” power and environmental data, and distribute to site and enterprise stakeholders when required
- Advise and support System Engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Maintain data storage requirements within the data center and cloud to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify Data Center Management and Control/Facility Management/Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Collect and maintain the Original Equipment Manufacturer unique equipment specification sheets and distribute to DMD to support development of enterprise DCIM templates
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Perform Quality Assurance inspections for equipment rack integration activities (site integration standard compliance, installation, and removal, etc.) and assignment of system level liens with site DC impacts
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Experience creating and implementing data center capacity plans, data center renovation plans, and electrical/mechanical expansions that support data center operations
- Knowledge of data center standards and best practices.
- Creation and implementation of data center capacity plans, data center renovation plans, and electrical/mechanical expansions
- Working knowledge of power, space, and cooling mechanisms
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 3 or more years of Data Center experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Possess a solid understanding of systems engineering and development.
- Be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.