Leidos is looking for a Database Administrator with IBM Db2 and SQL Server administration experience to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will provide development infrastructure support to teams who are adding new capabilities to a complex system that has exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. The selected candidate will install, operate, and maintain IBM Db2 and SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools. She/he will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. She/he will be responsible for implementing database administration practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The selected candidate will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 8 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Must have Database Administrator experience to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution and general administration.
- Must have at least 3 years of combined experience with Db2 database administration on Windows/Linux, and SQLServer (2012 and later) on Windows.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile team.
- In-depth experience with both Db2 and SQLServer (2012 and later) products preferred.
- Experience with Db2 on both Linux and Windows.
- Windows SCCM administration experience.
- IBM Enterprise Lifecycle Management administration experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.