Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join our team within our Intelligence Organization. This is a great opportunity to support a project that has cutting edge technology onsite in Point Loma, CA!
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Leidos is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to assist with building and maintaining code emulators utilizing authentication, encryption, and cryptographic applications.
The candidate will be knowledgeable about (and apply) secure software development principles and techniques. He/she will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members. He/she will be responsible for setting the standards and helping the team adopt and adhere to Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. 12-15 Years experience with software development / engineering, preferably in a web-based environment. Following are a list of required and preferred languages, frameworks and skillsets. Masters with 10 -13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret Clearance (Must possess an active Secret clearance to be considered and would be eligible to obtain up to a TS/SCI clearance in the future).
- Knowledge with Java Swing GUI
- Knowledge with GIT or other configuration management tools
- Familiarity with Spring Boot Library / Spring Framework
- Interested in Cybersecurity protocols and secure communications
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments (e.g., SAFe, XP)
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
DESIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge with Networking / Communication Protocols such as TLS Handshake and HTTPS
- Experience working with Maven
- Experience with Web Services Architectures (REST, SOAP, AWS)
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Quality, and DevOps concepts and tools / technologies (e.g., Ant / Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, FishEye, Crucible, Gradle, Junit)
- Experience with Build Scripts (e.g., Maven, ANT)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with Web Server Configuration (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, Tomcat)
- Experience with Database Development (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle)
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.