Are you a savvy network documentation professional with a knack for working with MS Visio? We could use your talent in support of one of our most important and prominent defense customers.
The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Group is seeking a Network Documentation Specialist to support our N2NOMS program in Colorado Springs, CO. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our knowledge and capabilities to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. In this role, you will be part of the program team that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. You will report directly to the Projects Team Lead.
What will you do in this role?
• Function independently as the Network Documentation Specialist.
• Create and edit deliverable documents on network, systems, servers, storage, datacenters and rack diagrams using MS Visio.
• Create network topology diagrams that include network segments (VLANs, IPs, routers, switches, firewalls, and other pieces of hardware).
• Participate in project design planning to understand new technologies, systems, or upgrades planned for implementation. Creates new diagrams/topologies to document the planned (to-be) architecture
• Represent Leidos and work directly with Government customer and coordinate with support teams on diagrams/topologies and architecture.
• Work closely with the Cybersecurity team and other technical teams to create and modify topology diagrams for Risk Management Framework packages.
• Analyze customer and Leidos requirements to incorporate into documentation. Coordinate with technical team members to obtain information required for the topologies/diagrams.
• Manage, maintain, and be the primary POC of the central repository for network architecture diagrams, topologies, and drawings.
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor’s with 4+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must currently hold an active DOD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Current CompTIA Security +ce certification.
• Experience using MS Visio to create diagrams.
• Understanding of networks, systems, virtual applications, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information.
These are the preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in associated field.
• Juniper Enterprise Certifications or an OS certification (i.e, Azure, CompTIA Server+, Nutanix).
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
Salary Target: $85,000.00
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.