We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a pro-active Cloud Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. As a Cloud Engineer on this program, you will design, develop, and implement a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation
This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS.
Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and infrastructure -as-code concepts.
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
- Setup and configure DevOps services in support of stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot user issues with DevOps Services, escalating when necessary
- Document frequently asked questions and create/update knowledge base articles for developers regarding use of DevOps services
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Extensive experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Extensive experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments.
- Extensive experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
- In-depth experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Candidate must have BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience in container orchestration using Docker, Vangrant and Kubernetes
- Understands configuration management tools such as Jeknks, Bitbucket, and Artifactory.
- Strong knowledge with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD integration using GitLab, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven and Ansible and Puppet.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.