Leidos Public Health Division is seeking an Azure Data Engineer, contingent upon contract award, to support our public health division.
The candidate to fill this position will work on a project alongside talented, experienced professionals to design, develop, implement and maintain a software application critical to the public health mission of the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in developing and delivering Azure cloud based data analytics solutions.
Responsibilities include evangelizing data on cloud solutions within the public health division and customers and leading the design and hands on implementation of the target solution. This role will work with customers and leading other data scientists and developers in delivering data centric solution on cloud. Using Azure cloud and customer private cloud technologies, our Data Engineer professionals implement state of the art, scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that support the public health mission of our customers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation and consumption pipelines on Azure.
- Ability to build cloud data solutions and provide technical perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless architectures, vendor products, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and security
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the cloud platform
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying issues, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios
- Leading other data analysts/scientists in delivering cloud based data science solutions
- Stay educated on new and emerging data analytics technologies and methodologies
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent (4-8 years work experience).
- At least 2 years of service delivery experience on Azure Data Platform with hands on experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Azure SQL
- At least 3 years of experience in developing data ingestion, data processing, and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL and/or data warehouse solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of RDBMS and ETL experience
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on Azure
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing on a cloud environment
- Well versed in DevSecOps and CI/CD deployments
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Additional technical skills - SAS, and/or R
- Experience working with Azure native services such as Synapse, Data Lake Storage, Alation, and Power BI
- Azure Cloud Data Solution certifications or equivalent
- DevOps on an Azure platform
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes including tools such as Azure Data Factory, Data Migration Service, SSIS, Attunity (Qlik), Event Hub, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with Developer tools such as Azure Boards, GitLabs, Jenkins, etc.
- Additional data engineering technologies such as Powershell, Java, Node.js, R, Python, SQL, ADLS/Blob, Spark/SparkSQL, Databricks, Hive and streaming technologies such as Kafka, EventHub, NiFI etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing on a cloud environment using Azure services: ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Synapse/DW, Azure SQL DB, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, ML Studio, AI/ML, etc.
- Previous working experience at the CDC or other federal agencies
Requires ability to obtain a NACI Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.