At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Within the Leidos Defense Group, the Airborne Solutions Operation designs, develops, integrates, and sustains technically advanced manned and unmanned ISR aircraft-based solutions; delivers processing, exploitation, and dissemination capabilities; and provides operational mission expertise to perform world-wide deployments in support of our US Military customers and foreign partners. Since 9/11 Leidos has been a leader in quick reaction capability (QRC) deployments of advanced mission equipment packages (MEP) including communications, SIGINT, full-motion video, and radar sensor suites and support infrastructure to provide actionable intelligence. Over 100 aircraft have been delivered to date, and our airborne operations provide critical ISR to support our customers’ missions in EUCOM, AFRICOM, CENTCOM, INDOPACOM, and SOUTHCOM.
The Defense Group currently has an Executive opportunity to lead and manage all Business Development and Strategy efforts for the Airborne Solutions Operation, a $500M+ annual revenue (and growing) Profit and Loss (P&L) organization. Primary customers include US Army (PEO IEW&S, PEO Aviation, Army Geospatial Center, Army Research Lab), USSOCOM, AFSOC, USAF (AFRL, AFLCMC). In this position, you will be accountable for the BD performance of the organization including Awards, Pipeline Growth, Customer Relationship Management, business strategy development, and management of annual New Business Funds. You will lead a team of direct report BD professionals (Capture Staff, Account Managers, and Proposal Staff).
- Coordinate BD efforts emphasizing pipeline development and health and optimal capture execution
- Serve as a member of the Operation Leadership team in support of achieving all P&L financial goals.
- Serve as member of the Defense Group BD&S team in support of achieving all Group BD goals.
- Lead customer relationship management efforts; secure customer engagements with Operation line managers and solution architects.
- Work with Operations line management and CTO to develop and evolve the Operation’s business growth strategy.
- Collaborate with CTO and line management to improve PWin; review large opportunities to ensure internal and external team effort matures toward proposal readiness; conduct proposal reviews, emphasizing the view of the customer reviewers and how our message is delivered and would be scored.
- Train Operation capture teams.
- Cultivate and support M&A evaluations.
- Forecast Op BD performance against goals.
- Serve as objective advisor to Operation line management regarding opportunity pursuit and bid decisions.
- Assess discretionary investments and provide input on their impact to BD efforts.
- Identify staff needs (current staff and gaps) and support efforts to identify candidates that can help the Op grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field and 15+ years of relevant aviation business experience
- 12 or more years of experience in a Business Development position leading teams and projects
- Established relationships with senior military personnel and government leaders in Airborne ISR and R&D business areas
- Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant customer government organizations
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Proven Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities
- Winning record leading highly competitive captures and proposals
- Proven experience developing and implementing a business growth strategy
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) based competitive procurements
- Experience with DoD budget, investments, and acquisition processes
- Management experience responsible for Budget and Personnel
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
Security Clearance Requirement:
A current DoD Secret with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.